During the past year, Real Stars has visited nearly a hundred high school classes in the Stockholm and Gothenburg area with lectures and workshops on the theme of trafficking and Fair Sex. Participation is a key ingredient in the project and in addition to art, we have received many suggestions on how to reduce trafficking and create a world where Fair Sex is the norm. Before the Nordiskt Forum this year, we compiled everyones suggestions to a manifesto addressed to the Swedish and EU policymakers. Thanks to all who participated, we now look forward to an exciting new school year!
Read the manifesto and quotes below – it gives hope for the future!
WE WANT TO LIVE IN A WORLD WHERE FAIR SEX IS THE NORM. FREE OF VIOLATIONS, ABUSE AND TRAFFICKING.
We require that:
• EU on a supranational level, adopts a law against buying sex.
• Johns, pimps and traffickers will get tougher sentences.
• A consent regulation is introduced – everything that is not a yes is a no.
• All, but especially sex buyers are trained in how their actions affect prostitutes and leads to increased trafficking.
• The unequal gender structures and relations of power ceases.
• Media and popular culture stop romanticizing prostitution.
• Awareness about trafficking and the sex trade consequences for its victims, the community and for us as individuals, increases.
• There will be efforts made to increase education and collaboration within the EU.
• Further resources are assigned to support more active police forces and the establishment of better security at customs and borders.
• More information is broadcast about trafficking in TV, advertising and teaching.
“If it is not Fair Sex, it should not be called sex. It’s abuse!”
“Sex education in schools must be more about norms and relationships and less about STDs and anatomy.”
“Establish compulsory education about trafficking and the sex trade. It should be included in the curriculum!”
“If we make sure everyone are equal, a lot will resolve itself.”
“Sex purchasers need to understand what they do. Force them to put themselves into other people’s situation. Would you like to become a victim of this?”
“We turn all women into Arnold Schwarzenegger, so they can defend themselves!”